There are two benefits to adding references to your profile, especially if you're new to the weliketowork.com UK freelance marketplace.
Our clients tell us ratings and reviews play a huge part in deciding who to hire. No doubt, you've spotted the issue new freelancers face: you need to win a project before you can get a review.
To help solve this, we'll use verified references on your profile in addition to ratings and reviews. This helps new weliketowork.com freelancers establish their credibility while they wait for their first review.
We will use verified reference information to help match client projects with your skills and experience. Adding references to compliment your skills can improve your chances of getting matched with projects
Adding a reference
Adding a reference is simple. There are 6 steps to follow and the process should take you less than 5 mins.
1) Choose the 'Your references' option and click the 'ask someone for a reference' button
2) Complete the 'Request a reference' form, giving the details of your referee
3) Personalise the message to your referee. You can also send yourself a copy.
You can also use this unique url, in case you need to send the reference request via a LinkedIn message.
4) Your account will show any pending requests.
5) Your referee will receive your request and answer a few quick questions.
6) Once your referee submits their answers, we'll review them and as long as they meet our quality guidelines, we'll place them on your profile.